I could start at the beginning, but so much has happened in my life that maybe it’s best to start from the here and now.
Who is Preeti, then? Well, for one thing I’m a mix of all kinds of cultures and experiences: of Swiss-Dutch descent, raised in Switzerland, after which I lived in the USA, in India, and since 1990: Australia.
My work is based on a school of thought called System Constellations, an experience-based method that can radically change people’s lives, without the need for revisiting painful or damaging experiences from the past.
Though System Constellations are at the root, over the years I’ve created my own way of working, which is more active and involved, and – in my opinion – more effective.
I’m passionate about my work: showing people different ways to reframe various aspects of themselves and their history, and helping them to do away with the pointless pigeonholing and classifying that society teaches us, is a massively rewarding experience.
Aside from that, I’m a stickler for learning, which is how I acquired a Masters in Counselling, a Bachelors in Education and became a certified trainer and coach. After all, life is an endless process of learning.
I suppose that all this learning really started when I was 18: it was a particularly dark time in my life – so much so that I considered taking my own life. But for some reason I decided that if I was going to end this life, at least I owed it to myself first discover what this thing called ‘life’ actually was – and is.
And thus, I started a lifelong process of discovery and deepening awareness, keeping myself very much alive (and happily so!) in the process
As life does, it took me through all manner of teachings, experiences and jobs – in many cases in a business setting, where I could unleash all my gathered knowledge of System Configurations and processes; my people skills; and the no-nonsense solution-focused approach I love so much.
Because in the end that’s what matters: the ability to apply the learnings and experiences from our lives in order to effect change.
I suppose you can call me a guide, a Sherpa of sorts: My work consists of helping individuals and organisations take decisive action and implement steps that cause positive change, with the ultimate goal of helping people live fuller, happier and more successful lives.
Feel free to get in touch by means of the contact form below.
I’d love to hear from you.
Publications and accreditations:
- MA Counselling, B Teaching, Cert Executive Coach (GROWTH), Cert Solution-Focused Brief Coach, director and principal consultant of Helena Consulting and Change. Made Real.
- Creator of OCEAN*, a powerful new method for effecting change, based on System Constellations and the Solution-Focused approach
- Contributing author to Fit for Change II (2009) and EQ-Tools (2011) published by managerSeminare, Germany; The Knowing Field (1/2013), the international constellations journal; and Praxis der Systemaufstellungen (1/2013), the German journal on the practice of System Constellations with contributions for solutions in families and organisations
- Author of a dissertation on career development ‘An Exploration of Career Issues Using the Systemic Structural Constellation Approach’ (2005)
* OCEAN = Organisational Constellations – Effective Analysis of Networks