Or: How to Reach Unprecedented Change With OCEAN – A Powerful New Approach that Evolved Out of System Constellations
There’s an ancient saying that “Each person is a world unto himself”.
And if you look at our modern society with its emphasis on individuality, you’d think that the individual is the holy grail of life, fulfilment and happiness.
Except, nobody is an island – we do not live isolated lives.
In my opinion, the modern-day, highly emphasised focus on the self and on our own individualistic expression, is the cause of much of the trouble and unhappiness so many of us are faced with.
That’s not to say the individual doesn’t matter – and I certainly love and appreciate the individual expression of so many people, whether they be coaches, artists, leaders of business, or simply the people I meet in my day-to-day.
Even science is wise to the facts: in our life and our world, everything is in direct connection to everything else. Chaos Theory is a reality.
We really are all connected: to the world, to others around us, and to the experiences we have lived and stored in our sub-conscious.
The exultation of the individual means many people are unable to relate to themselves or to others in constructive and positive ways
Unless we understand (on an intellectual as well as emotional level) how we relate to others and they to us, we’re likely to experience all kinds of strife, in ourselves and in relation to those around us.
Luckily, there are ways to develop awareness and intuitive fluidity in dealing with others. The ‘trick’ is in understanding and purposefully rearranging these relationships, or constellations.
For this purpose, I developed a process called OCEAN, which is a method for effecting lasting change. I created this system after working for a number of years with System Constellations (also known as Family or Organisational Constellations.)
The thing that makes OCEAN unique is that it is more practical, more hands-on, and specifically aimed at creating lasting change in your mind and your life.
What makes OCEAN different: Actions and a Solutions-Focused Approach
OCEAN integrates the Solutions Focused approach, which is essential for keeping you focused on a good and actionable outcome.
Many other forms of therapy and counselling instead deal with problems: all the things that are wrong, the why and wherefore, and the many different ways they affect us.
Whereas in practice – and this has been confirmed by many scientific studies – it is far more effective to focus our attention on the goals we want to achieve.
That is the core of the Solutions Focused Approach – which explains why it forms such an important part of OCEAN.
It also explains why the OCEAN process is non-confrontational: there’s no need to dive deep into our past, we don’t need to face our demons and past traumas head-on.
Instead, OCEAN takes you through an experience where you look at how current problems and issues influence your happiness and tranquillity.
By re-ordering the way these issues – and the people and situations in your life – relate to you, creating a new constellation redefines those issues.
What used to be a problem is suddenly a thing of the past – something that used to hinder you has been put in its proper place.
The result is often a huge ‘Aha’- moment – a realisation of peace, of clarity, giving the participants the sensation of having a new lease on life.
The effectiveness of OCEAN depends on the state of the facilitator, and requires a level of emotional maturity – something I could only reach after some 30+ years of study, experiential processes, introspection and meditation.
This enables me to hold an open space during the process, whereby you are in charge of the process.
I don’t direct – I only facilitate, from a position of listening and intuitive, meditative openness.
Some more differences:
- Unlike constellation work, the OCEAN process is extended with practical calls to action and follow up sessions when necessary
- OCEAN gives you actions to take in order to integrate the new state into your being. Small steps, repeatable actions that fixate the change so that it’ll stay with you
- By performing these actions, you become a client of change – you buy into changing and that’s what makes OCEAN so powerful
- OCEAN makes use of presence: meditative and mindfulness practices, which enable access to the knowledge hidden in your sub-consciousness
- OCEAN can be done via Skype or over the phone, if distance is an obstacle
OCEAN: What it is and what it does
OCEAN is an acronym for: Organisational Constellation – Effective Analysis of Networks.
Facilitating a constellation is an art, which is much more than rules that can be learned. It constantly evolves, and it requires that the facilitator is able to be non-involved in the process, to let the solutions surface from the depths of the sub-consciousness.
- OCEAN is a simple yet very powerful way to unlock the sub-conscious mind, for you to reach a lasting solution that enables you to truly enjoy who you are and what you do
- What’s more, OCEAN works with the here and now – there’s no need to revisit past trauma, you don’t need to confront yourself with the things you’ve never known how to deal with
- OCEAN goes beyond emotions, which makes it easy to work with them, because we don’t have to dive into them directly, there’s no need to confront trauma from the past
- OCEAN uses all the skills and knowledge stored as images in our sub-consciousness, and in our body as sensations such as aches and tensions. These images and sensations are externalised, explored and rearranged through what we sense in our body during the OCEAN session
- This way you can tap into what our sub-consciousness knows but which we can’t access rationally
- The result is often a deep sense of wonderment, of peace – participants often breathe a deep sigh of relief: Finally there’s space, a sense of promising future and a sensation of strength
How it works
During an individual OCEAN session, or at OCEAN group workshops, we create a representation of how the people, aspects of your life and thought elements relate to you as a person.
Then, in the safe and comforting setting of an OCEAN session, we start to rearrange and reposition those elements.
It’s a very intuitive, non-confronting way to redefine how you relate to the world and it to you.
The consequence is that you’ll come away with a profoundly new outlook on life and yourself, and your place in the totality of it.
And it’s not just me saying so: People frequently tell me that they feel liberated, empowered and ready to face the world from a state of peace and strength.
It’s funny how this deep inner calmness and clarity even resounds in their voices once they are done with a session.
Participants often report a deep sense of wonder, as if the lights went on – giving them the clarity they need to proceed.
Each time I hear that timbre in their voices, I know that OCEAN has done its job once again, and that is why I want to share it with as many people as possible.
No longer will you bob up and down on the waves of life, thrown to and fro by people and events – instead, you’ll have the clarity to navigate your way to your own personal well-being.
Who knows, maybe it will work for you as well?
Let me know what you’re struggling with or what you need help with – contact me via the form below.
I’d love to help you become the calm, aware, fulfilled and happy person you were meant to be.
Get in touch today – there’s an ocean of peace waiting for you to swim in, if only you dare to dive in…